Monday, June 16, 2014

Text From Guatemala/ Monday

Written by Joy--I got a text from my mom and she told me Lydia had been working with the children all day.  She wasn't sure how they were communicating but Lydia was doing great!

Sarah and I laughed because when anyone asked if she knew Spanish she would say, "I can say green bicycle."


Written by Grandma Kathi--Lydia was awesome at the school today. We helped Elaine teach origami cats and dogs. We taught about 60 kids. They loved having someone about the same age. We also listened to them present the flag and their pledge and anthem. The kids stood in lines and were so quiet and respectful. Then they had an assembly about the land and droughts.

She played soccer with one of the soccer balls she brought down.

I saw a boy who had a club foot. I traced his feet and will look for shoes for him. I got his information to see if there is anything more that can be done.

It's only noon. We will be getting the after school kids after lunch and Lydia has gone to the village to get a chocolate covered covered fruit with the team.

Good job Lyd!
Lydia's with a friend 

No comments:

Post a Comment